Saturday, June 19, 2010

Once A Scout

I have not been to camping for a long time, what more a campfire. I didn’t get to join my friends to camp at Gunung Jerai two weeks ago, I know they had lots of fun and that’s why I took the opportunity to visit my high school junior’s Test and Training Camp at Kuala Sala, as a rover.

Test and training camp is all about briefings and examinations in order to get a higher badge besides learning more scouting skills and improve the knowledge. The school is encouraging students to achieve King Scout now and I would like to see them graduate as King Scouts in the future. =) I am now too old for that, the highest badge I got was ‘Maju’ only. (so paise) We went to the camp on the second day and overnight there. I didn’t plan to overnight at first but I wanted to stay longer then just because I miss camping, I miss that kind of feel!    

On the third night, we joined the campfire too! Carnival camp at Harvard Golf Club was always my favourite camp! It really recalled me a lot of my memories – sat beside the fire to make myself warm while guarding the night, it was so freaking cold!; making roti lilit, onion egg, potato egg for backwoods; dance and sang around the campfire (we were always so joyful); grouping to go to the toilet and we were so scared because it was so dark outside on the mountain; one of our member sleep-walking and marched!(lmao); played the funniest game – chocolate milk chocolate (translate directly from manderin); ………etc - they were all bitter sweet. 4

Sunset at Kuala Sala.

2

Me and Shan Yi.

1

Erm.. Ah Seng kena blocked by us. Lol

3

All of us. Give me a big SMILE =)

During our special training camp while I was in Form 3, there were 6 of us in my batch and we were tied up our feet together and were asked to walk down from our campsite to the toilet to wash the plates, that was also at Gunung Jerai. Come to think of it, we really came through a lot together in that 5 years! Those suffering moments and hard times, we held our hands and overcame it! We were there together for each other, we never give up. We were the survivors. That is how we were called the 6 Mighties! :D

We were taught to be unite, trained to be tough and survive! Discipline is very important to generate a team like us! (Must mention this because I was the discipline master for year 2005/2006, haha)What I’ve learned will never be forgotten. Not only scouting skills and knowledge but also principles to be a good man.

I was proud and I am still proud to say that I am from 53rd Land Scout.

Once a scout, forever a scout.

*be prepared*

No comments: